Throughout the existence of the Kiwop blog, we have been explaining what copywriting is, aspects of copywriting for e-commerce, etc. And today it was time: do you want to know how to be one of the best copywriters?
If the answer is yes, stay and read to us for a little while.
What is the profession of copywriter
A good copywriter will be in charge of writing texts for the company.
Write texts that hook and attract users to the contents of the website, and not only that, but convert visitors into customers.
That the visits are sales. And that the company’s revenue increases.
To get to write that way, it takes practice, perseverance, and more advice that you will see later.
How important is the copywriter
As we have mentioned, the person responsible for copywriting is in charge of writing the texts with which it is intended to achieve the desired sale.
Therein lies its importance, the objective of any company is to achieve income and its consequent benefits.
If a person writes texts with the purpose of hooking users and getting them to end up buying on our website, it will have a high value for us.
To do this, the right person must know very well the company and the profile of its users and customers.
Because if you know them well, you will know how to speak to them, what words to use, what feelings to appeal to and what needs to attack so that they want to satisfy them.
If you know from the potential customer what benefits they expect and want from a product, and what “pains” or aspects that bother them about it, you will be able to know perfectly how to sell something.
A copywriter will be able to write
- Emails: Email marketing is a great channel of communication with the customer, as it is proven to have high conversion rates. If you add to that that someone is going to write you good texts with the aim of converting, you have high probabilities of selling with a single email.
- Ads: Copywriting can be used for social media, yes, yes. Those ads that come out, those publications that you have not asked for, both on social networks and on Google (in the top positions that are sponsored), if the copy (the text) of the ad is well focused, it will get the user to do the action he wants.
- Langing pages: this page is the one you will reach after an announcement, and they are usually concrete and specific, they go apart from the web page. So in it, you will have to tell everything that the client wants to know: the pains and the benefits, so it is a good idea for the copywriter to build it.
8 Tips to be the best copywriter
Perhaps you may think that since you are not a writer, and it has never been the best thing you have been given, it is impossible to have this profession.
But nothing could be further from the truth, everything has its techniques, tricks and tools. With good advice (like ours, hehe) and practice and perseverance you can achieve it, you just have to propose it.
1. Read a lot
If you improve your reading comprehension, you will also improve the way you write.
And one of the ways is by reading, reading, and reading non-stop.
2. Create ideas
It connects what has no connection at first.
One of the advantages of the copywriter is that it is able to create connections, ideas that have nothing to do with each other, and fit together.
3. Be honest
Always try to tell the truth.
If you always tell the truth, people will trust you and your words will have more power.
4. Understand what the goal is
To know well what to write and write directly and clearly, you must know what is the objective of the copy, of the text.
That is, what action you intend to achieve: if a sale, that they fill out a form, etc.
Also, who you’re writing for, who has to get excited about your text.
And besides, to be credible to those people, you’ll have to offer them proof of what you say, if not how will they believe you?
5. Scannable text
Once you have understood who you are writing for and show confidence. You must understand that in order for it to get hooked, your texts have to be scannable.
That they can observe them quickly and can decide if they are interested in what they read or not.
6. The way to talk to him
The way you address the user is very important, it has to excite them. So you should carefully choose the words.
You can also use questions and that way you will feel part of the text and want more.
Another way to write, and in the event that your text should be longer than usual (which can bore the reader) is to tell it as a story. You will feel totally involved in it.
7. Tools of a copywriter
It is clear that based on effort, one can become a great copywriter, but even so, we all need the help of some tools:
- Lowpost: you can be included in the portfolio of copywriters when a company needs it
- Peopleperhour: you can offer your copywriter services by the hour
Good pages to sell your services.
8. Qualities that a good copywriter should have
In this section, we are going to make a list of the qualities that you should have to be able to become the best.
And in the case of not having them, start working on them now.
- Skilled at writing naturally
- That you like to research and train constantly
- Know how to manage and organize yourself well
The copywriter has an essential function, and you can be
You can become a good copywriter if you set your mind to it, you just have to set the goal, be constant and… follow our advice.
You will be able to sell more with your new skills.
Come on, you can become the best!