B2B has changed a lot in recent years with digitalization.
What was once the typical job of supplier salespeople to show stores the catalog of their products and convince them to work with them, is now more like a sale. B2C in which the customer searches for the information, compares, and then decides to contact the supplier to finalize the purchase.
At Kiwop, we want your business to be future. Therefore, we recommend you continue reading this article on the best strategies on B2B for 2022.
What are you waiting for? 📥
What is a B2B business and what differentiates it from B2C?
A B2B business is that business that is focused on selling to other companies(Business to Business),while B2C are those businesses that the end customer is the consumer(Business to Consumer).
Formerly, the sales journey of each one was very different, but over time they have become more similar, although there are some points that are still different.
- While the B2B business focuses on the features and functionalities of the product, B2C focuses on the benefits that this product brings to the end customer.
- B2B focuses on showing the data, functionalities and specific characteristics of the product or service while B2C focuses more on the emotional part.
- In B2B the content is based on the benefits of the product or service while in B2C it is shown through storytelling.
- The purchase process in B2B is usually slow and complex while in B2C we try to make it as simple and direct as possible.
- The purchase in B2B is usually rational while in B2C it is usually emotional.
If you want to delve into the differences, we recommend that you know the meaning, differences and examples of B2B and B2C.
Tips for starting a B2B business online
Analysis of the market and ourselves
To start with our B2B business we must know in what position we are in the market and have a clear action and strategy.
If we analyze the market in which we want to move, it will help us to know from which starting point we start and to be able to establish a strategy and clearer objectives.
Then, to do an analysis of ourselves, we can do a SWOT analysis.
We must know what our weaknesses, threats, strengths and opportunities are.
What weaknesses do we have? Price? Shipping costs? Delivery time?
We have to know what they are to try to improve them and be able to be equal with our competition.
What threats surround us? It could be that there is a lot of competition, that our sector is in decline or that they are products that do not have much demand.
Strengths? Do we have a catalog of very good value for money? Do we have a system that is very simple to place orders or is it easy to communicate with us? We must know what our strengths are in order to take advantage of them.
Opportunities? Could our market still have spaces to explore? Where can we have an advantage?
Once we have analyzed all this we can design a clearer strategy with more realistic and concrete objectives.
Strategies for online B2B
Now we will look at some examples of strategies that work very well for B2Bbusinesses.
- Although the customer we want to sell to is a company, companies are made up of people, so it is good to approach the sale as if it were a consumer.
- One of the most powerful tools for B2B businesses is email. But it is important to personalize the emails to be closer to the client.
- Social media is another fundamental tool. It is essential to stay active and become visible with social networks, since nowadays everyone is connected through social networks.
- Another strategy we can use is to put videos into our content. Using videos makes your content much more visual. People prefer a video they like that is an advertisement or subtle propaganda to reading text or invasive marketing. With video, this can be achieved.
- It’s crucial to focus on the customer journey. Even if we are talking about B2B,if we make a simple, intuitive and attractive customer journey it will be much easier for them to stay with us.
Boost your B2B digital business in 2022
You have already seen the importance of strategies for B2B businesses today and the best tips for 2022.
Now it’s your turn.
Sit down, analyze all this knowledge and implement this digital strategy to grow your business in 2022.
If you need help or want us to solve any questions related to your business, we will be happy to do so.
Cheer up and…
Use B2B strategies to boost your online business in 2022! 🔼