When we want to start a web project, the first question we ask ourselves is: which framework should we use?
And it is that more and more alternatives appear with an infinity of proposals. However, it is very likely that some will adapt better than others depending on what we are going to do.
For this reason, we must first consider what our requirements and needs are, what our skills are and what we want to achieve. All this, together with the type of project, will indicate which is the framework that best suits us.
In this post, we advise you when to choose Symfony as a framework, one of the most used for PHP and successful worldwide.
What is Symfony?
Symfony is an open source framework for PHP that allows you to optimize the development of complex applications and websites. It does this through a set of tools and libraries already developed and studied, such as Twig, PHPUnit, Doctrine, among others.
One of the benefits of symfony is that it automates common tasks and shortens development times, allowing developers to focus on the specifics they require for their application. In addition, it separates the presentation of the web application, server logic, and business logic.
Because it is constantly being updated to adapt to the increasingly technological and competitive world, it is used by the most important PHP projects, such as Laravel, Prestashop, Magento, Google API, Composer and Drupal. In addition, it is compatible with database managers such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server. Symfony can run on both Nix and Windows platforms.
🔎 If you find it interesting, don’t miss the Blog about everything you need to know about Laravel.
Advantages of choosing symfony
One of the reasons why Symfony is one of the most widely used frameworks is because of its variety of advantages. Here are some of them:
- It features a set of built-in tools and command lines to generate code easily and quickly.
- Being open source, anyone with knowledge can add or correct functionalities of the project.
- Its maintenance is simple thanks to the fact that everything is located and organized.
- It is easy to extend, as it allows the integration of libraries developed by third parties.
- You have no dependencies on a particular database manager.
- It has interaction with AJAX.
- It is becoming easier to install, configure and use to reduce the level of knowledge needed to apply it to an application.
- Improves resource management to create optimized applications.
- Routing and smart URLs make the addresses of the application pages friendly.
- It has templates and layouts that allow you to build the application even by beginner designers.
- Authentication support makes it easy to create restricted areas and manage user security.
- It has an API for the generation of forms, so with few functions you can retrieve, validate and save data without making mistakes.
- The only requirements to install Symfony are: PHP greater than or equal to 5.5.9, Composer, Mysql installed, Json and Ctype enabled.
- Last and foremost: your community. More and more developers are using symfony, encouraging its use and helping to increase its documentation. Thanks to this, it is constantly evolving.
When to use Symfony as a framework?
From its advantages and characteristics, we can conclude that Symfony should be chosen when any of the following elements are required.
Security in Symfony
Symfony is very reliable, since behind this framework is a company with 12 years old: Sensiolabs. It also has mechanisms that allow greater protection against corrupt data attacks . Also, unlike CMS, Symfony doesn’t use the same patterns, the same login URLs, or the same bugs.
Flexibility working with symfony
Programming with symfony can be completely customized to adapt to the policies, architectures, needs and requirements of each company and project. This is mainly due to plugins, factories and events.
Stability when using symfony as a framework
Thanks to its large community, Symfony is constantly evolving. This is why it is considered a stable and sustainable framework in the long term.
The low complexity of Symfony
Unlike CMS, Symfony contains an infinite number of functions and deep features that can be adapted to the most complex, extensive projects with a lot of business logic.
The power of symfony
Its MVC model allows the efficient development of applications and, in turn, is intuitive and fast. In addition, it helps make the code lightweight, readable and effective. This is due to the conversational style of the command-line tool.
The scalability of symfony
Symfony has a high adaptability, so its functions can be reusable regardless of the changes that the project undergoes. This means that your application can grow as much as necessary without having to modify the entire structure of the web constantly.
Order when working with symfony
No matter how each developer works, this framework will allow everyone to follow the same order. This will make the project structured, while being used simultaneously by many developers.
Do not hesitate to use symfony as a framework
Symfony brings everything we expect from a development framework and will never limit the possibilities of your project. For all the above, the first question we should ask ourselves then is: why not choose this framework for my project?
Now it’s your turn.
If you have doubts or need help, we will not hesitate to do so. 😀
Contact us or follow us on our Instagram profile for more tips on digital marketing.
At Kiwop, we are specialists in content writing, digital marketing, web development and e-commerce.
Go ahead and get the potential out of your digital marketing campaigns with great professionals in the sector. 🚀
About the author
Member of the team of Materialesdefabrica.com and Habitium.com professionals