If your digital marketing strategy is based on content marketing, someone has one day given you the tip of “if you make the content longer it’s better” or vice versa.
Well, don’t listen to them, because none of that is true.
Because this is the truth: it depends, what depends, on how you look at it.
Throughout the article you will see the advantages and disadvantages of making the content long or short.
Stay and find out. ?
What is content marketing
Content marketing is a strategy that involves attracting potential customers so that they don’t feel overwhelmed, it’s more natural to everything.
Relevant content is created and that adds value to your person buyer.
Those years when we sat and watched advertising just won’t come back, now the customer has the power to consume whatever he wants and interact with the content the way they want.
Therefore, if you create content that might really interest the potential customer, you’ll be more likely to focus their attention on your brand or business.
So take advantage of and create the content that you know they’re going to want to spend time on.
To better understand it, it’s always good to set some example, and we love Freshly Cosmetics.
If we enter his blog, for example, you can see countless articles in which they give their potential client advice of all kinds related to cosmetics.
It is content that adds value to people who may end up buying their products, and without being invasive as traditional advertising.
If in search engines you are looking for “type of makeup favors my face” they will come out, and the user will have gone towards their content without Freshly going behind.
But it’s not just creating content like blog posts, it’s also about social media.
Freshly knows his customer profile well and creates Instagram Reels (oh, remember?, we leave you the article in which we talk to you about them) with tutorials on how to use their products.
Importance of content length in your content marketing strategy
Yes, length matters.
But we don’t mean that one is better than the other, we come back: it all depends.
Depends on the goals you’ve set yours to achieve with it.
Depends on what you want to achieve with the content.
Depends on who’s going to consume it.
It depends on the conversion path of your person buyer.
For example: if you want to position higher in SEO, long content usually works better.
But if you want to reach younger people and don’t want to delve into a topic, short content is better.
The long content for many experts is usually from 2,000 words.
It is characterized in front of the short because with this you have time to delve into a theme and tell all the luxury of details.
Whoever is really interested in that matter will be grateful to have so much information.
Since he is focused on educating the client and reporting on the query he is making.
It may be different type of content, such as:
- Long articles, or non-expiring articles/pages (evergreen)
Advantages and drawbacks of creating long content for your content marketing
Long content, like everything, has its pros and cons, and here they are:
Advantages of creating long content
- Gets more backlinks than short content.
- Increases the conversion rate: readers are supposed to pay more attention and become more interested, so they also end up converting more.
- It is better positioned, as more detailed and specific results will come out, and that Google will value it.
- Because it’s longer, you can position more keywords by delving into what aspects.
- It will also position you as a leader, you will be the expert in the sector.
Inconvenient with creating long content
- Difficult to display for smartphones, as it is a lot of content.
- It takes more time and more resources to create it.
- You have to be patient to notice the return on such investment of time and resources.
The short content, on the other hand, for many experts is usually between 800 and 1,200 words.
It is easy to consume, the consumer can consult it quickly.
He talks about a particular topic and doesn’t want to delve into anything.
You want to spread an idea in a simple way.
It can be contained as:
- Social media content
- News and short articles
Advantages and disadvantages of creating short content in your content marketing
The short content will also have its positive and negative aspects, it will be a matter of assessing which one will give you the best results according to your objectives.
Advantages of creating short content
- Creating it quickly and with few resources is possible.
- Easy to read and consume by the user.
- It causes more impact on social networks.
- You can get users’ attention without them having to concentrate too much.
- More mobile support.
Inconvenient from creating short content
- You can turn repetitive content if you always talk about the same thing.
- It usually has an expiration date, and interest in the content is decreasing.
- It’s hard to cover an issue in depth because there’s no time for it.
What will the length be like in your content marketing?
Once known that none is better than another, and that length if it matters, but depending on several aspects… Tell us, what kind of content are you going to decide to create for your online business?
Consider each other’s sales and disadvantages, what you intend to achieve with them, and who you’re going to target.
Contact us if you need help or follow us on our Instagram profile for more content marketing tips.
At Kiwop, we are specialists in content writing, digital marketing, web development and e-commerce.
Go ahead… start writing short or long content, decide! ?