Reinventing yourself is always fine, and more so in the field of digital marketing, which as we said in previous articles, is an ever-forming industry.
In a content marketing strategy it is most common to generate new content, but you can also generate more traffic to the web without having to generate it of 0.
You know how? Optimizing posts made in the past. ♻️
You’ll have another chance to get your target audience’s attention.
Why it’s important to optimize old content to attract new traffic
Optimizing content is just as important as generating it first. You ensure web traffic and you improve SEO positioning.
It tends to give more importance to generate new quality content, but don’t forget the old one.
Why? Because you will have to keep in mind that that old post will already be positioned with its URL, you will only give it more strength with a few improvements. That’s one of the main reasons.
We’ll add new value with quality content, and google values it very much, updating.
The main advantages of including item optimization in your content marketing strategy are:
- It will increase the quality of the web.
- The old content will be useful again and with new features.
- It will improve SEO positioning.
- It is more profitable both economically and for time.
- It will work for when you are blank and have no new ideas.
- In addition, it has been shown that the websites that are updating become stronger as a brand, their reputation improves. Because you’ll be at the top.
- And finally, search engine crawlers that analyze your Page will do so more often, and you’ll have more pages indexed.
How to optimize your content marketing?
4 steps to optimize content
With a few steps you can get to improve content, with quality content, and improve all aspects of your blog section.
1. Use Google Search Console
With this tool you will be able to realize the pages with which you are having traffic loss and which ones could be improved.
You might look at: the ones you’re in Google search positions between 8 and 20,but that have or a lot of CTR or a lot of impressions, you can also look at those that have a lot of impressions but little CTR.
From these criteria you can create a list of pages that can be optimized and choose the ones that are most aligned with your business goals.
2. Analyze the pages in the list
Once the list is created, you’ll need to analyze the pages.
You’ll be able to use a tool like this provided by Alexa‘s Amazon.
It will tell you specifically what you can improve on the page.
All these tools are usually paid, but you can try 30 days for free to see if it’s really what you need.
In our blog we have another article that deals with the best tools that you can use for SEO.
3. Make improvements
The next step would be to see the improvements that the tool recommends and implement them.
They can be: add information, change, or remove.
4. Analyze metrics
Before implementing updates, we recommend that you have an Excel (in Kiwop we do) with the pages you’re optimizing and their metrics for: impressions, clicks, CTR, and Google position.
It would look something like this:
A month later we would re-look at the same metrics and see what the results have been after applying SEO techniques for content optimization.
Examples of content updates
You’ll be able to optimize old content in different ways:
- Change old content that has become obsolete for new information that’s interesting and relevant to your target audience.
- Expand the information. There may be things that aren’t explained, and you can add some section or sub-section with new information.
- Insert Visual Elements. Add images, graphics or videos, as everything visual helps the user read more pleasantly.
- Change possible errors. There may be some typing error or poorly provided data, correct it.
- Add Links. If you relate your articles with others of yours it will help the average time of the visit increase, and the user goes browsing the whole web.
- Add the primary keyword to the URL if you don’t already have it.
- SEO ON-PAGE Elements. If the old page doesn’t have them, add them. It can be metadescription, structure with H1, H2, etc.
- Reduce information. We usually think about improving quality content by adding data, but sometimes, we can realize that there are irrelevant things that should be deleted.
- Review keywords. It is likely that the keywords used at the time, are now not the right ones or the ones that people are using for their searches.
Help yourself with tools like SemR ush and update them.
Now you can get to work by creating quality content
You know, now you can implement old content optimization in your content marketing strategy.
It is another very viable option and to keep in mind, let’s stop focusing only on generating new articles.
If you want you can follow us on our Instagram and you can see more related tips on the whole digital marketing topic.
We can also give you a hand if you need it. You can contact us without any problem.
Go ahead, renew the new and recycle items! ?