We already know that Instagram loves to “eat” other apps, as it did with Snapchat with its Instagram Stories.
Last summer, due to the success of Tik Tok after confinement and being all bored, he decided to launch Instagram Reels.
Creating them is simple, you can also get a lot of visibility.
If you keep reading, we tell you more things about this functionality. And also how to see reel statistics.
What it is, how it’s used and what an Instagram Reels is for
The Reels are a new feature of Instagram, launched in the summer of 2020.
It consists of short videos of maximum 30 seconds, although just a few days ago they have taken out the extension and can be up to 60 seconds.
Little by little, the owners of Instagram are launching improvements to try to turn off Tik Tok, since the second was one of the points for which he won a little battle.
In addition, you do not need to close and open applications, what better than to have it all in one?
But how do Reels work?
Next we are going to explain what it is like to record your first Reel and you will see that it is very easy.
- At the top right, next to the heart is a “+”. If you give it you can choose what type of post: in feed, story, etc. Let’s choose Reels.
- Then you’ll need to choose the audio and duration.
- The speed of the video and if you want to put some filter.
- The timer, if you are alone, to be able to record without holding the phone.
- Once the Reel is recorded, you can tune it: add transitions, text, stickers or gifs.
- Finally: share, you can share it directly in stories or in your feed. Tip: if you put it in the feed, then you can put it in stories whenever you want. Tip 2: Add a cover to it.
The main feature of the Reels is that they get a lot of range and visibility.
So, if you have an online business, starting to add Reels to your digital strategy is a very viable option.
Benefits that this content can bring to the digital strategy
If you have a business and have wanted to embark on the Reels, let them know that you have done well.
Because it will bring you a few advantages to your digital marketing strategy:
- You can integrate them seamlessly with your daily Instagram stories.
- It is very easy to use. But hey you’ve already seen that, haven’t you?
- You can reach new audience. There are a lot of people who get to see Reels without following the accounts, but in the “Explore” section.
- It’s all unified in your account, and if the prospect enters your profile looking for a Reel it will be all organized: photos, Reels, IGTV.
- If your content is of quality and attracts attention, it may go viral in the Explore section.
- And most importantly: you gain visibility and reach.
As we can see on the Instagram of Oinkmygod, account of which in Kiwop we are fans, just above the photos the squares is the feed, on the right we have the Reels, then IGTV, etc.
Guide to drawing conclusions about Reels statistics
First of all, what kind of account do you have?
If you don’t know, there are 3 types of Instagram accounts: personal, creator and professional.
- The personal account is the one that everyone has, of daily use for the user.
- The creator account is the one that influencers have. You can see metrics of your audience that with the personal you can not, and also if as an influencer you get a paid advertising campaign, you can indicate.
- The professional account is the one you should put on if you have a business. You can view all metrics, as in the previous one, as well as promote posts (like Reels) to reach people even more or include CTAs.
So, if you’ve come this far, I imagine you have an online business and want to include Reels in your digital marketing strategy.
So go to your profile, account settings and click “switch to business account”.
When you change your account type, you will open up a world of statistics that you didn’t have before.
On the one hand you have the statistics of the account: in them, you can control the content you upload, the regularity with which you have done it to put letters in the matter or not.
You can also visualize the activity, that is, how many people have started to follow you after a Reels, for example, or how many new people you have reached a week.
In addition, to analyze the audience. You can know what it’s like: man or woman, age, where they’re from, or find out who’s stopped following you.
And finally, and what concerns us: the statistics of publications.
If we enter the publication, that is, the Reel, we can click it to “see statistics”, and we can see:
- How many times has it been shared
- How many times it has been saved to favorites
- Number of likes
- How many comments you have
- How many times has the profile been visited through the Reel
In short, we can observe the interaction it has generated: engagement.
Draw your conclusions
Through knowing your audience, what they are like, at what times they consume the most Instagram, what activity they do on it, etc., along with the statistics of the Reels, we can draw many conclusions.
You will discover, through trial and error, what kind of content interests your audience the most and how to reach more audience, but above all, more audiences who are really interested in what you publish.
You just have to upload a few Reels and start observing the behavior of users, from there you can create a calendar of content and start growing.
Start analyzing the statistics of your Reels
You may have been left wanting more about this functionality of Instagram, well here we leave you an article that we published a month ago, in which we expand today’s information.
We compare it to Tik Tok, and also, and very importantly, we give you tips on what you can upload to your professional account.
In this article we have summarized what it is and how to view the statistics of Reels.
You know, the main advantage of doing Internet marketing, apart from being able to segment communication, is to be able tomeasure EVERYTHING.
Create your professional Instagram account and start uploading Reels, and don’t forget to analyze them!